What is Trade Assurance?
Trade Assurance is a free payment protection service for buyers.
The service is offered by participating suppliers, and is designed to protect your payment if your order is not shipped on time, or if the pre-shipment product quality (optional) does not match the terms agreed on your contract.
Your payment is protected up to 100% of an amount - agreed between you and the supplier - called the Trade Assurance Order Amount.
How does it protect my order?
Alibaba.com will refund up to 100% of the Trade Assurance Order Amount on your contract if:
Your order is not shipped on time as stated in your contract.
Your products do not meet the quality requirements1 stated in your contract2.1. The product quality must be checked before shipment.2. This feature is optional. You must enable it when you place your order.
Disputes for any reason other than late shipment or failure to meet pre-shipment product quality requirements as agreed in your contract.
Goods damaged during shipment or pick-up.
Goods which were shipped on time but did not arrive.
Product quality issues after shipment.
The following product categories: Vehicles, Real Estate, Websites & Businesses for Sale, Classified Ads, Services, and some Business Equipment.
For a full list of exclusions, please check the Terms & Conditions.
1. Find a participating supplier
Look for the Trade Assurance icon and the supplier’s Trade Assurance Limit.
2. Negotiate with the supplier
- Agree on the Trade Assurance Order Amount and shipping time.
- If you selected the pre-shipment product quality safeguard, you should also negotiate your detailed product quality requirements.
3. Start order/draft contract
- Place an order on Alibaba.com by clicking Start Order or ask the supplier to draft a Trade Assurance Contract.
- Enter your Trade Assurance Order Amount and shipping date.
- If you selected the pre-shipment product quality safeguard, you should also enter your detailed product quality requirements.
- Confirm the Trade Assurance Contract in My Alibaba.
4. Make Initial Payment
- Use the T/T payment method to make your Initial Payment to the supplier’s bank account shown during the transaction process on Alibaba.com.
- Enter the name on your bank account in the payment page.
5. Only necessary when you choose both on-time shipment & quality safeguards.
Check the product quality before shipment
- You can ask the supplier to send a sample, request a third-party inspection, etc.
- If the products do not meet the quality requirements in your Trade Assurance Contract before shipment, submit a claim on Alibaba.com.
6. Supplier ships your order
If the order is not shipped on time, submit a claim on Alibaba.com.
7. Leave feedback
Let other buyers know what you think about your supplier.